Panambur Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Mangaluru city in coastal Karnataka. Known to be one of the safest and well-maintained beaches, it is also famous for its dramatic sunset. The beach aura warms up during the carnivals, organized by the district authorities. The festivities include boat races, beach sports and sand sculpture contests. The beach has jet ski rides, boating, dolphin viewing, food stalls, besides trained beach lifeguards and patrol vehicles to ensure the safety of the visitors to the beach.
Reasons to Visit Panambur Beach:
- Cleanest Beach: Panambur is rated one of the cleanest beaches in India by various independent surveys.
- Lifeguards: Several lifeguards keep watch on the beachgoers, making the beach very safe. Entering the ocean may be prohibited when not safe (strong currents or other reasons)
- Horse and Camel ride can be enjoyed by the beach
- Night Camping may be possible at the Beach, with permission from operator
- Adventure activities: ATV Rides, Parasailing, JetSki rides and surfing can be enjoyed at the beach
- Eateries are available near the beach selling both vegetarian and seafood dishes and delicacies.
Beach visit Timings: Panambur Beach is open to day visitors from 8 AM till 7 PM. Guests staying in cottages will have 24 hour access.
How to reach Panambur Beach: The Beach is 9 kms from Mangaluru city. Mangaluru city is 350 kms from Bengaluru. Mangaluru is well connected by air, rail and road to rest of Karnataka. The beach can be reached by hiring an auto or taxi from Mangaluru city. They also have local buses to and from the bus stands close to the beach and from the city.
Places to stay near the Beach: BluBay Beach Cabanas (Cottages) are available right on the Beach. Mangaluru city has numerous hotel options in all budget categories.