Art of Living is a private institute popular for meditation practices, yoga, ayurveda and spiritual practices. It was founded by Sri Sri Ravishankar and has its global headquarter in Kanakapura.
Besides spiritual and Yoga programs, Art of Living runs social welfare programs all over the world. In its 37years of operation AOL has educated 70000+ students and touched the lives of 450 million people worldwide.
Major highlights of Art of Living:
- Vishalakshi Mantap: Main attraction at Art of Living, a tower and meditation centre named after Sri Sri Ravishankar Guruji’s mother.
- Ayurveda Hospital and Spa Villa: It offers ayurvedic treatments and has in house spa centers and custom accommodation options for those seeking the therapy. Spa villa is a luxury residence with in-house treatment facilities. Veera Vanam is the other Panchakarma treatment + residential centre.
- Go Shala (Cow shed): It maintains a cow shed which is home to 300+ Gir cows.
- Annapurna Kitchen: Massive kitchen that feeds thousands of residents each day.
- Sumeru Mantap: Highest point in AOL campus and open air auditorium.
- Guru Paduka Vanam: Large open air amphitheatre
- Gurukul: Education institution
Guided Tours: It conducts guided tours to visitors and guests during day time
How to reach:
The main campus is 60 kms from Bengaluru International Airport and 22 kms from Bengaluru city centre (Majestic). Bengaluru is the nearest railway station. Buses bound to Kanakapura stop at Art of Living, Taxis would be a more convenient way to visit.
Stay: This place provides chargeable accommodation to those taking part in their courses and programs. Hotels and resorts are available within a few kms from the campus.
Official website: Click Here